What will you be doing?The purpose of the Customer Engagement Development Team focusing on Rail is to provide the organisation with new commercial opportunities resolving market failures and driving positive market outcomes for UK GVA growth and better productivity from the existing Rail sector relationships. The role is also responsible for the overall relationship for CPC to Rail and the individual companies and DMUs there within.
This includes identifying with the wider organisations areas of focus and the associated opportunities and players in the space, in order to develop and deliver the right projects.
The role will be responsible in leading and delivering the development from concept to delivery, of a wide range of new and innovative activities ranging from research, to proposition and proof of concept development, for a wide range of stakeholders (Government, Academia, SMEs and Larger Corporates), often working together as a one off consortium.
- Specific focus, on the Rail Sector and our existing customer base in this area
- Delivery of commercial opportunities aligned to the CPC mission to target and time.
- The role requires the seeking, securing and building successful bids, proposals and propositions based on people, systems, services, and products in a range of technical and environmental ways based on working with customers, partners and consortia as well as CPC staff.
- The role will require the creation and successful management of virtual teams and senior stakeholders often containing a range of grades, interests and skills which may often not be customer facing and sometimes highly technical.
- Deliver to target and time opportunities for CPC that will contribute to the Commercial revenue target and other associated KPIs
- To provide, create, lead and manage the relationships for a range of propositions and business opportunities to support the CPC brand and business development activities in the marketplace based on the relevant mode.
- Interact with the Rail eco-system for CPC in order to maintain and create viable relationships that secure revenue opportunities.
- To lead and successfully secure funding from Government and Commercial whilst maintaining the CPC Catapult neutrality and delivering the core purpose
- Deliver within the guidelines and processes of CPC suitable bids, proposals and tenders which deliver a pipeline of commercial opportunities
- Work with the wider organisation including the Bid Team, Commercial , Finance and Operations in the definition and delivery of new opportunities
- Develop a pipeline of potential and appropriate opportunities for CPC
- Negotiate and win necessary opportunities either as CPC or with partners
- Build a network of contacts within the Rail environment, this may include presenting and participating on behalf of CPC at public event
- To work with the CPC and other catapults talented experts to provide world class solutions and thought leadership in the field of transport systems
Skills & ExperienceEssential Skills
- It is necessary to have significant experience and skills at C-Suite negotiations in the context of a multi-faceted decision-making unit, relationship management, bids, proposals and tenders.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify, qualify, negotiate and close
- Successful Sales or Relationship Management experience at strategic Major account level
- Proven proposition development and delivery experience in B2B, new and emerging technologies, services, systems and products
- Proven successful Customer Strategy development and account planning
- Extensive experience of commercial bids, proposals and tenders
- Virtual team management
- Presentation and customer facing activities
- Some knowledge of the relevant mode - rail
- The role will require additionally some public speaking, virtual networking and use of social media as a means of influencing public opinion therefore the ability to maintain a credible and authoritative public face is useful
- Some knowledge of new and emerging technologies
- Some knowledge of SME and Academia as a potential audience
- Some knowledge of working with and for Government organisations
- Negotiation excellence and emotional intelligence and empathy
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to motivate and create a virtual team
- Integrity and credibility
Role SpecificsThe role will work to create exciting new opportunities for CPC to create new jobs and businesses for the UK economy by securing both Government funding and winning commercial bids and proposals. This will be largely achieved through existing Rail relationships and other similar ones within the Rail ecosystem.
Interview DatesSuccessful candidates will be contacted with availability for interviews.
Want to Apply?If you meet the requirements and are keen to join Connected Places Catapult, please apply with your CV and Covering Letter via our application portal.
Please note: The Cover Letter is compulsory.