What will you be doing?
The role of the HR Business Partner is to enable managers and employees to have effective working relationships and to maintain a positive working environment through ensuring best practice people management is embedded across the organisation. Your overall objective is to contribute to making Connected Places Catapult a great place to work!
- Act as the first point of contact for all HR queries across your dedicated business area
- Be a trusted adviser to all managers and employees
- Contribute to a positive working environment
- Embed best practice people management with policy and procedure expert knowledge
- Partner with managers at Director/Team Lead level on employee matters, ensuring operational fairness and consistency
- Recognise key people issues/priorities and raise these with the CPO and Corporate Management Team to ensure a planned and proactive approach
- Engage in workforce planning and identification of gaps, helping the business to resource appropriately and leading on recruitment activity
- Support any redesign/restructure activities within the organisation and team structure changes
- Be accountable for the resolution of ER issues within business units with support from the wider team
- Review training requests and provide support in identifying appropriate solutions and gain approval as appropriate
- Coach people managers on HR issues and development areas where required
- Drive an effective and positive on-boarding experience, including the HR induction process
- Maintain HR systems with accurate data
- Contribute to the monthly payroll process for dedicated client groups and the wider organisation as required
- Manage employee life cycle events such as maternity/paternity or flexible working requests
- Proactively support management with absence cases, organising occupational health assessments as required
- Assist the relevant Director in appropriate development plans for interim/acting up role holders, including the facilitation of external validation meetings
- Propose and support planned, and ad hoc HR/people related projects, using external research and benchmarking
Skills & Experience
- CIPD Level 5 or above
- Equivalent professional or university education;
- A proven track-record of Business Partner experience, providing accurate and timely people management advice to managers and employees;
- Previous experience working on HR-related projects that aim to enhance the employee experience and embed best practice approaches;
- Proven ability to manage your own work priorities and time to ensure client expectations are met;
- Impeccable attention to detail, ability to spot discrepancies in writing and numbers by logically linking information to the context and purpose it serves;
- A can-do attitude to get things done, whilst balancing this with empathy for sensitive situations;
This role will be based in London but will require some travel to Milton Keynes.
We will be reviewing applications for this role weekly, and as such will be in touch with successful candidates to arrange interviews on an ad-hoc basis.
Want to Apply?
If you meet the requirements and are keen to join Future Cities Catapult, please apply with your CV and Covering Letter via our application portal
Please note: The Cover Letter is compulsory.www.futurecities.catapult.org.uk