What will you be doing?
You will be supporting our Tombolo Project. We are currently building a new product designed to help cities answer complex problems through data analysis and insights. The product is tailored to the software development and data science community. The project is now in its third and final year and our focus has switched to how we communicate and market the product; build strong relationships with individuals, partners and organisations that will use the end product; and build a strong community and partnerships that will sustain the open-source software after it is launched in 2018. Please be aware that this role will run until the end of April 2018, and therefore the exact contract length will be dependent on the successful candidates start date.
- Planning and delivering project dissemination activities in consultation with our communications team (blogs, events, social media)
- Helping us to shape our engagement strategy around a community interested in city data and data modelling
- Establishing and engaging an online community
- Identifying potential relationships for partnering with organisations
- Growing and supporting the maintenance of good relationships and identifying future partnership opportunities
- Business Development / Relationship management
- Supporting the administrative activities around a panel / advisory board
- Supporting the project manager and content lead in research activities
Skills & Experience
Completed University degree; experience in a similar role or strong academic background in this area; organised with an understanding of basic project management skills; strong written and communication skills with an experience of delivering project communications; interest in innovation, start-ups and delivering projects from scratch; interest in how data analysis and insights can be applied to improve City problems; working in knowledge of data, open data, open-source products or willingness to develop; interest of skills in design and technology.
Please be aware that this role will run until the end of April 2018, and therefore the exact contract length will be dependent on the successful candidates start date.Desirable skills and experience for the role would include: knowledge of marketing, events and planning; and/orvisual design skills such as Adobe or PowerPoint would be a bonus.
- Successful candidates will be contacted by Wednesday 4th October
- Monday 9th October - First stage interviews
- Friday 13th October - Second stage interview [if required]
Want to Apply?
If you meet the requirements and are keen to join Future Cities Catapult, please apply with your CV and Covering Letter via our application portal
Please note: The Cover Letter is compulsory.www.futurecities.catapult.org.uk