Big data, artificial intelligence and visualisation are transforming the way that people process and interpret information. But the methods used by many cities to plan new developments creak with age and inefficiency.
Join this interactive discussion to hear from those working on transformation of the planning system and the implications for planning and development in Cardiff and across South Wales.
Audience: City leaders, architects, planning practitioners, design & innovation agencies, SME’s and those curious about the smart city infrastructure.
- Scott Cain, Executive Director & Chief Business Officer at Future Cities Catapult
- James Clemence, Head of Cardiff City Planning
- Dr Aseem Inam, Chair in Urban Design at the School of Architecture at Cardiff University and Director of TRULAB, New York City
- Dr.Mahnaz Shah, Urban Design Research Lab, Cardiff School of Art and Design
- Geoffrey Stevens, Internet of Things Manager at Future Cities Catapult
Euan Mills, Urban Design and Planning Lead at Future Cities Catapult