What will you be doing?As our Senior City Strategist, you will provide skills and expertise on how to design and develop strategies for cities, primarily local governments. You will create strategies and roadmaps that link city needs to innovations, new approaches and upcoming technology. You will create tools that empower city leaders to navigate the smart cities market and engage with advanced urban services, making cities (local government, agencies, utilities) more intelligent when purchasing innovation and new technology.
- Lead on creation of city strategies for local authorities and other organisations that partner with Future Cities Catapult.
- Be a thought leader in city strategies, especially embedding innovation and new solutions into cities.
- Develop tools and assets that will help Future Cities Catapult and city authorities to develop strategies for urban innovation.
- Support Future Cities Catapult in identifying the needs of cities and potential areas for development of new programmes and projects.
Skills & Experience
- BA require, or other relevant degree required; preference for advanced degrees.
- Demonstrable experience working in a related field, such as leading or managing Smart Cities Programme or similar programmes within local government or public sector organisations.
- Experience in developing strategies or delivery plans, including demonstrable experience in preparing business cases, for public sector organisations, including local government.
- Experience in digital, innovation or transformation programmes.
- Detailed knowledge of the workings of public sector organisations and local government, e.g. funding, procurement, business case processes, committee processes, capital management.
- Proven track record in stakeholder engagement (e.g. workshops, digital channels, public consultation) and managing relationships with senior management (e.g. C-level executives, local governments and city leaders).
- Familiarity with service design methods.
- Familiarity with relevant trends in city strategy space including smart cities, resilience, circular economy, digital transformation, data strategy
Interview Dates14th / 15 September - First Round Interviews
21st / 22nd September - Second Round Interviews
Want to Apply?If you meet the requirements and are keen to join Future Cities Catapult, please apply with your CV, Covering Letter and a Portfolio via our application portal. Please ensure all three are saved in one PDF and attached under CV.
Please note: A portfolio is not compulsory, but if you do have a portfolio, we would love to see it.