What will you be doing?As a Senior Urban Technologist, you will be transforming the way planning works today and help create a vision of how planning should be done in the future. You will be and excellent team player, providing the Urban Futures team with in-depth knowledge about existing planning processes (both administrative and technological). Your planning insights will be crucial to create opportunities and projects that will disrupt, innovate and pave the way we design, build and manage cities in the future.
- Identify partners and shape new projects that will disrupt the market
- Develop concepts and help prototype tools and innovations that will spearhead the way for industry wide transformation
- Lead research and provide thought leadership into how new technologies can change how we plan, build, design and manage cities in the future
- Keep abreast of the current built environment tools and technologies being used in the UK and abroad and identify opportunities for further innovation.
Skills & Experience
- Qualifications in either town planning, architecture, urban design, quantity surveying, regeneration, local government policy, smart cities or similar.
- Professional experience in the planning or built environment industry
- In-depth knowledge of either; data visualisation, data modelling, open data, data platforms, GIS, Building Information Modelling; virtual reality, Internet of Things or other similar technologies.
- The ability to think critically and creatively to identify and deliver projects that will move the industry forward
- The ability to communicate effectively with project partners, industry leaders and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and interest in the planning system and the built environment processes and methods
- Knowledge and interest of emerging technologies and how they are changing cities
Interview Dates12th September – First Stage Interviews
18th September – Second Stage Interviews
25th / 27th September – Final Stage Interviews
Want to Apply?If you meet the requirements and are keen to join Future Cities Catapult, please apply with your CV, Covering Letter and a Portfolio via our application portal. Please ensure all three are saved in one PDF and attached under CV.
Please note that a portfolio is not compulsory, but if you do have one we would love to see it.