What will you be doing?As a Junior Designer, you will support the delivery of our urban innovation projects. You will work closely with a broad range of stakeholders to design compelling products and services that deliver against our mission to ‘Advance urban innovation, to grow UK companies and make cities better’. You will support an early-stage project development, through co-designing prototypes, living lab experiments and developing solutions to complex challenges. You will be creating engaging concepts that address the challenges that cities face both now and in the future.
- Provide design support on projects; working from translation of insights into prototype products and services.
- Develop detailed concept designs that communicate new product and service ideas.
- Prepare and facilitate workshops and co-creation activities.
- Create visual presentations and reports based on our research activities, bringing our user insights to life for clients and partners.
- Contribute towards the development of the design offering at Future Cites Catapult (Insight and Design Team).
- Create visual communication materials in line with the brand guidelines.
- Contribute to, and enable, the development of a high-performance culture.
Skills & Experience
- Strong visual design skills with relevant qualification in service, product, graphic or interaction design disciplines.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a strategic design organisation (agency or in-house).
- Familiarity with service design tools and methodologies.
- Comfortable building early-stage prototypes (digital prototypes, mock up’s) & undertaking user testing.
- Demonstrable experience co-designing new products and services through a portfolio of real-world projects.
- Evidence of workshop facilitation skills.
- Experience of designing customer journey maps, service blueprints and personas to communicate user research.
- A can-do attitude to get things done, whilst balancing this with empathy for sensitive situations.
Interview Datesw/c 14th August – CV Screening, if you're successful you will be contacted by 18th August
w/c 21st August – First Interviews
w/c 28th August – Potential Second Interview
Want to Apply?If you meet the requirements and are keen to join Future Cities Catapult, please apply with your CV, Covering Letter and a Portfolio via our application portal. Please ensure all three are saved in one PDF and attached under CV.
Please note: The portfolio is compulsory, either as attachment or a website. We are interested in seeing your process, so feel free to include stages of your projects.