- Competitive Salary
- Central London
- Working Hours: Standard full time
- 6 Month Fixed-Term Contract
- Holiday: 25 days per annum
- Future Cities Catapult is an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.
So what's it about?We are looking to appoint an Interim Salesforce Manager. Working within the FCC’s PMO, the Salesforce Manager’s main objective is to is to manage the administration and customisation of the FCC’s Salesforce CRM and Project Management system. Yu will also be responsible for report-building and managing Salesforce related licences, contracts and suppliers.
Working with the Head of PMO the Salesforce Manager will help to continuously improve the project development and project delivery business process, ensure the business process is reflected within Salesforce and provide a data/performance analysis function.
We are currently reviewing our IT strategy and there could be scope for this role to be extended, but this cannot be guaranteed.
What will you be doing?You will play a key role in the PMO, working as part of the PMO team, and sometimes independently, on developing different elements of project and portfolio management.
Where applicable, you will be responsible for ensuring project development and delivery business processes are represented in Salesforce, the FCC’s CRM and Project Management system developing functionality using standard Salesforce tools/features and add-ons. This could mean making a simple change to a field name, working with a third-party supplier to build some bespoke functionality, building workflows or anything in-between. You will be expected to work through different options, analysing them for pros and cons, instigating pilots with users and testing.
You will be the system administrator managing user access, security roles, licences, third-party suppliers and contracts and be responsible for delivering training to new users and to staff on new functionality.
Training will vary in delivery from written guidance, video guides, 1-2-1 sessions and/or group sessions.
A key part of the role will be to identify useful reports and to build those along with others identified by different parts of the business ensuring that reports are presented in a useful way and are aesthetically appropriate. You will be building, de-bugging and validating Salesforce reports using Salesforce tools/features and add-ons.
You will be expected to identify when data does not seem to be accurate, challenge Project Managers and Project Developers and interpret project information and data enabling you to highlight risks and issues.
You will be expected to integrate and interact with Project Managers (and Project Developers) across the business to ensure system requirements are considered, but also, to provide support and guidance on system use.
These will be your main responsibilities:
- Managing the Salesforce CRM and Project Management system
- Analysing the project pipeline and providing relevant information and reports for management and business planning meetings
- Identifying business process improvements and ensuring they are reflected in Salesforce
- Developing functionality using standard Salesforce tools/features and add-ons
- Building, de-bugging and validating Salesforce reports using Salesforce tools/features and add-ons
- Identifying suitable reports to build, as well as building other reports required by other parts of the business
- Managing Salesforce third-party suppliers, licences and contracts
- Managing Salesforce accounts, logins and security roles
- Responsible for generation of scheduled reports for FCC EMT, Board and Audit Committee – ensuring that Salesforce users have input the required data
- Development of exception reports on data quality and missing data
- Delivering training and writing guidance
- Support the broader work of the PMO and potentially other business areas as required
What will be the first year outcomes?Outcomes are what you need to accomplish in your role, and we will work together to refine these. These are not all the outcomes you will be expected to achieve, but some of the primary ones:
- By 6 weeks, providing regular and timely MI reports on pipeline (opportunities) and live project performance
- By month 3, carrying out a review of existing Salesforce functionality and fields and establishing requirements for improvements.
- By month 6, of the requirements identified, some will require immediate implementation, whilst others are likely to be put on hold until the organisation’s IT strategy is identified. The required outcome here will be to ensure all requirements requiring immediate implementation are implemented.
What kind of person are we looking for?You will have:
- A Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Project Management background
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- At least 3 years’ experience of Salesforce:
- Report building
- User Management
- Supplier Management
- Strong numerical skills.
- Data management, analysis and interpretation.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (formulae, pivot tables, graphs)
- Strong inter-personal skills
- The ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied and busy workload delivering projects to a high standard with measurable outputs and meeting deadlines
- Professionalism, resilience and self-awareness. Acting in a professional manner and showing determination, drive and commitment at all times and particularly when faced with challenges and setbacks
- Ability to function independently and use own initiative in a fast-paced environment, as well as to take direction
- Salesforce Certification(s) (App Builder, Developer, Implementation Expert, Architect and/or Marketers).
- A project management qualification such as PRINCE2 Practitioner or APMP
- A relevant Bachelor degree qualification
- A genuine interest in urban innovation and cities
Want to apply?Send your CV with covering letter via our application portal. In your cover letter tell us why you’re right for the job.