- Central London
- Permanent with three months’ probation
- Competitive salary with attractive benefits
- 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays.
- The FCC strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.
So what's it about?You will be part of a team responsible for delivering the day to day operations of the Urban Innovation Centre (UIC). The UIC is an innovation hub in Farringdon, hosting the Future Cities Catapult, commercial tenants and licensees, as well as a high quality programme of activities, events and exhibitions to successfully engage our current stakeholders and new audiences.
With a substantial and proven track record of achievement in similar positions, you will be expected to portray a positive image of the Centre, exuding a high level of professionalism at all times.
What will you be doing?Main Responsibilities:
- First point of contact on reception (FOH) for clients, visitors and contractors to the Centre.
- Work as part of a team to deliver great service.
- Provide a warm welcome to the Centre and build friendly, professional relationships with all clients.
- Keep reception area clean and tidy at all times.
- Deal with and resolve client and visitor enquiries and minor complaints.
- Perform all reception related duties i.e. security passes, stationery orders, couriers, mail etc.
- First Impressions - be well presented, friendly and professional at all times.
- Complete housekeeping checks and take ownership for the visual standards of the centre - specifically, reception, meeting rooms, kitchens and common areas.
- Provide service to meeting rooms including serving and clearing away tea/coffee/catering.
- Process room booking requests - bookings are correct and setups are accurate, making sure that the necessary facilities, equipment and catering are available.
- Experienced in using and setting up AV Equipment and basic troubleshooting.
- Be aware of Health and Safety responsibilities and assist with ensuring a safe working environment.
- Fire Warden Responsibilities.
- First Aid Responsibilities.
- Raise purchase orders.
- Stocktaking and stock control such as stationery and for events - catering and furniture.
- Reconcile invoices for the above.
What will be the first year outcomes?Outcomes are what you need to accomplish in your role. We think it is always useful to know these before you start. These are not all the outcomes you will be expected to achieve, but are some of the primary ones:
Within the first year:
- The Urban Innovation Centre is operating impeccably in terms of, events support and any other facilities service or function.
- You will have established yourself as the go-to person for reception and visitor enquiries.
- 75% of our staff feels that they received the highest standards of services.
- 100% of our events are running smoothly, with the adequate level of support.
- You will have impressed external stakeholders with your manner and professionalism
What kind of person are we looking for?You will have:
- You will have at least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, as a receptionist, welcome host, facilities assistant, event organiser or similar.
- An interest in developing a career in Facilities Management.
- Strength of character to deal with challenges - and the tact and diplomacy to handle those more challenging situations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deliver assigned tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail that ensures process and administration is done correctly, and on time.
- Great spoken and written communication skills, earning as well as giving respect from both your team and stakeholders.
- A great attitude - positive and confident.
- A flexible, hands on attitude that will mean no job or action is not dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Keen to further your career within facilities management.
Want to apply?If you meet the requirements and are keen to join the Future Cities catapult, please click apply and send your CV and covering letter. And in your cover letter, tell us why you’re right for the job.
Download the full job description (pdf format) here.