- Central London
- 18 months fixed term contract with three months’ probation
- Competitive salary with attractive benefits
- 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays.
- The FCC strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.
So what's it about?We’re looking for a brilliant Junior Market Analyst to help our Markets, Strategy and Standards Team deliver market opportunity assessments that will be used to inform the Catapult’s activities and projects.
Work could range from assessing the size of the market around a specific city challenge, to maintaining the Catapult’s internal database of promising technologies, to creating a presentation of the future of urban area development.
As a Junior Market Analyst, you will support the team in answering important questions such as ‘Where are the market gaps that the Catapult should focus on?’ or ‘What technologies are available to address this city challenge?’
What will you be doing?You will work with the team of Market Analysts and the wider Catapult to deliver high-quality market analysis and research that will play a key role in shaping the direction of the Catapult as it progresses its market creation activities.
You will conduct primary/secondary research on technology-driven markets, through the collection and analysis of industry reports and datasets, by interviewing sector experts and running surveys on designated topics. Specifically, you will source, compile, synthesise and summarise data on market landscapes, paying particular attention to market sizes, trends, stakeholders and business models.
You may also be called upon by senior members of staff to brief them on particular markets or create presentation material for industry forums.
What will be the first year outcomes?Outcomes are what you need to accomplish in your role. We think it is always useful to know these before you start. These are not all the outcomes you will be expected to achieve, but are some of the primary ones:
Within the first year:
- Support at least four of our projects.
- Continuously assist in the delivery of market opportunity assessments.
- Catalogue all material produced to be utilised by the wider team.
- Support the senior Market Analysts in the delivery of core team deliverables.
- Support requests from projects, and internal teams, on-demand, within the first month.
What kind of person are we looking for?You are passionate about technology and are eager to understand how it can be applied to the urban environments to drive change. You are keen to gain experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment. You are independent and with some light guidance you can work independently to support the delivery of outputs for projects.
You will have:
- A graduate degree.
- Strong qualitative and basic quantitative research skills.
- Demonstrable analytical skills allowing you to translate data into understandable documents.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as the Internet of Things, and/or knowledge of the current challenges facing cities.
- Some specific experience of market scoping or sizing would be desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, working on multiple projects at the same time.
- The ability to provide high-quality support to a wide variety of project stakeholders across the Catapult.
Want to apply?If you meet the requirements and are keen to join the Future Cities catapult, please click apply and send your CV and covering letter. And in your cover letter, tell us why you’re right for the job.
Download the full job description (pdf format) here.