- Central London
- 37.5 per week
- Competitive salary
- Permanent, 3-month probation and 1-month notice period
- 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays.
- The FCC strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.
So what's it about?We are looking to hire a Head of Events who can take a strategic approach to our events management, ensuring the production of high quality events on behalf of the Catapult within the UK, and internationally. Additionally, the Head of Events will be responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure the experience of visitors and other key stakeholders to the Urban Innovation Centre is highly impactful, and aligned with our strategic themes and communications.
What will you be doing?1. Events strategy
- Lead the development and implementation of the events strategy in service of Business Development targets, strategic communications, project requirements and our organisational KPIs.
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally to develop an events calendar for the Urban Innovation Centre that projects our positions as a world-class innovation hub, aligns with our strategic communications and themes.
- Takes a highly innovative approach to events, producing high quality events that are unique and impactful.
- Identify partnership/ speaker opportunities that align FCC with high profile events both in the United Kingdom and internationally, ensuring our positioning at external events is strategically significant and impactful.
- Negotiate sponsorship/partnership agreements and oversee our participation in external events both within the United Kingdom and internationally.
- Secure speaker opportunities for FCC representatives and an events presence at both international and UK level at Key Industry and Cities Platforms. Working cross functionally, and with the executive team, to ensure the Catapult presence at these events is highly impactful and reflective of our position as a world-class urban centre for innovation.
- Build engagement with relevant teams to design and develop repeatable workshop offerings.
- Increase positive profile of Catapult amongst all stakeholder groups through our events, working with Relationship Development Team.
- Achieve key stakeholder engagement targets, both in terms of the number and quality of attendees and their satisfaction levels.
- Jointly implement Salesforce as stakeholder/relationship management tool
- Act as liaison person to facilitating new contacts and leads to different teams
- Deliver event co-ordination of UIC hosted in-bound missions and outbound international missions in support of the Relationship Development team.
- Oversee the delivery experience of visitors using our various technology experiences, including our technology suite, and work with the Content and Project teams to ensure regular updates to content.
- Work with BD and Communications team to design strategic approach to key international events (i.e. BCN Smart City Expo, MIPIM, WUF etc.) ensuring the Catapult representation at these events is highly impactful.
- Manage the event spaces at the Urban Innovation Centre, ensuring that client bookings are well-managed, appropriate commercial arrangements are entered into, and the service support is of a high quality, ensuring a high level of client satisfaction.
- Lead accountability, working with the Cities Lab, Communications and Marketing teams, as well as cross-functionally, to develop the Urban Innovation Centre as an experience. This is to ensure that all visitors to the centre are left with a clear impression that the work the Catapult undertakes is important, innovative and reflective of a world-class centre for urban innovation.
- Include events at first stage of project strategy.
- Provide support and advice to the wider team with events partnerships and speaker opportunities.
- Work with project teams, as required, to produce events associated with the work we do, ensuring that such events are innovative, reflect our work in a positive and highly impactful manner.
- Apply and bring our brand to life in all events both internal and external.
- Bring our brand to life in all visitor experiences to the Urban Innovation Centre.
- Work with Communications team to maximize exposure at events.
- Promote/ supervise promotion of our events using different social and traditional media channels to help engage key stakeholders, working closely with the Communications team.
6. Managing and mentoring the events team
- To be the first point of contact for any Future Cities events activity
- Lead by example and inspire the Events team to run and deliver top quality and innovative events that have high impact.
- Ensure the team is well-resourced, mentored, trained and coached to become a consistently high-performing team with a positive culture that is projected at all events.
- Implement continuous improvement practices to ensure a continuous high quality events offering, and continuous learning of the events team.
- Introduce/ supervise systems and processes to enable high quality events with Events Coordinator (Salesforce, Flickr, Events Calendar etc.)
What will be the first year outcomes?
- Feedback on events of 70% plus positive experience
- Event revenues of £60k +
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Demonstrable track record in running a highly successful Events team, providing innovative and impactful events.
- Clear knowledge of what “excellence” in events management looks like, and the capability to motivate team members to achieve their full potential.
- Track record in managing an events space, managing a P&L and generating a profit.
- Strong skills in aligning an events strategy with a corporate communications strategy, and corporate strategic plan.
- Proven background in hosting events for high level stakeholders – from leading industry figures to Ministers to visiting dignitaries on both a national basis, and internationally.
- At least 5 years of industry/sector experience in events management.
- Knowledge and genuine interest for urban innovation will be advantageous.
- The Future Cities Catapult is a dynamic your organisation so the desired person must have the ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and provide high-quality support to a wide variety of project stakeholders.
Want to apply?If you meet the requirements and are keen to join the Future Cities catapult, please click apply and send your CV and covering letter. And in your cover letter, tell us why you’re right for the job.
Download the full Job Description here