- £30 – 38,000 depending on experience
- Central London
- Working Hours: Standard full time
- Holiday: 25 days per annum
- Future Cities Catapult is an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.
So what's it about?We’re looking for a bright and dynamic HR professional to join our People and Organisational Development team. HR Business Partners play an important role within our organization. By partnering with our operational divisions, managers and employees, they help to develop a high-performance culture across the organisation. You will be embedded with one of our operational teams where you will be responsible for ensuring best practice human capital management, the implementation of our people and organizational development strategy, anticipating resourcing requirements and addressing any emergent people issue with professionalism.
What will you be doing?Owning Human Capital Management: Working directly with the management and employees of your business unit, you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation and maintenance of best practice full spectrum human capital management, including: workforce planning, recruitment and resourcing; on-boarding and induction; performance management; career development and learning; employee relations and compliance; employee engagement, and implementation of the people and organizational development strategy. As a member of the People and Organisational Development team, you will also be required to work on developing the strategy, and discrete cross-functional projects from time to time.
Act as a trusted HR advisor – Your capability will provide your internal clients with the confidence to trust you with highly confidential matters pertaining to employment. You will have a strong understanding of employment regulations and compliance requirements, as well as ensuring that the personnel functions (such as: contract management, payroll, time and attendance management) relating to your business unit run like clockwork in an effortless manner.
Owning HR infrastructure – You will make sure the Catapult’s people and talent processes are running smoothly and business as usual on a daily basis. You ensure that all employees of Future Cities Catapult are well supported in respect to their work environment, by responding to requests in a friendly, accurate and professional manner.
Being HRIS superuser – you will be an HR information systems ninja, deftly fishing for good candidates from our talent pool in the Applicant Tracking System, pulling reports from our HRIS – Fairsail – and using other software or tools to visualize relevant people analytics in a compelling way. You will be able to interpret and analyse data from various sources in order to understand the operational health of your business unit, plan appropriate projects, and to work effectively to advise managers.
Developing our High-Performance Culture – you will work with the Director of People and Organisational Development and the management of your business unit to develop a culture that is consistently high performing across the organisation, and embedded in our nine core competencies:
- Discovery and Innovation
- Conceptual Ability
- Leadership & Influence
- Drive for Quality & Results
- Project Delivery
- Coaching & Learning
- Courage & Resilience
What will be the first year outcomes?Outcomes are what you need to accomplish in your role. Always useful to know these before you start. These are not all the outcomes you will be expected to achieve, but some of the primary ones:
Flawless operation of People and Organisational Development Processes:
• Understand all Future Cities Catapult policies and practices, and be an ambassador for the organisation to candidates and current employees by upholding a high level of professionalism at all times.
• Implement and become HRIS super-user within two months.
• In collaboration with your internal clients, build an effective workforce plan for your business unit that forecasts resourcing needs for the coming year.
• Establish regular management information reporting and talent analytics practice that is 100% accurate and found valuable by Executive Management Team. Understand the metrics that pertain to the organisation generally, and specifically to your business unit, and identify clear action plans for improvement.
• Ensure full compliance in your business unit with internal processes relating to people and organisational development, including: timesheets; time and attendance recording; payroll; objective-setting; competency reviews and career development planning.
• Ensuring inductions are well planned, supporting managers in your business unit with the delivery, and ensuring all mandatory training and compliance requirements are implemented.
• Administer payroll and all benefits with 100% month-on-month accuracy.
• Provide day-to-day guidance on all employee queries with high satisfaction rate.
• All probation reviews and appraisals take place and are recorded appropriately 90% of the time within 2 weeks of milestone dates.
• Assisting line managers in the process of performance management, providing day-to-day guidance and best practice advice.
• Undertake recruitment, sourcing and identifying amazing candidates, working with recruitment partners, screening/qualifying and interviewing candidates that deliver to the workforce plan or can be a member of the Future Cities Catapult talent pool.
• Actively contribute to the development of the People and Organisational Development Strategy, and take the lead in the implementation of at least three discrete organisation-wide projects that improve our human capital practices within the first year.
What kind of person are we looking for?We’re looking for a bright and enthusiastic HR professional committed to delivering highest quality operational practices. You’ll have HR Business Partner experience in a busy hands-on role and be a true team player. You will need to be degree qualified in human resources, industrial relations, economics or other relevant discipline and achieved a minimum Associate CIPD professional qualification or equivalent.
Future Cities Catapult is a maturing organisation, having moved through a rapid start-up phase, we are now focusing on operational excellence in project delivery. It is important that HR Business Partners in this environment have a “can-do” attitude and step up to the challenges of working in a fast paced, dynamic and developing organisation. In addition, we expect our HR Business Partners to have meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management and prioritization skills, communication (verbal and written), and online skills. As an innovation organisation, we are also looking for that additional X-factor: HR Business Partners that can bring great ideas to the table and turn them into a reality.
Want to apply?Please submit your CV and Cover letter through our apply button
First round interviews are planned to take place on Friday 12th May, with final face to face interviews taking place on Thursday 18th May.
Download the job description here.