- £50,000 annual salary
- Central London
- Full time
- 25 day’s annual leave
So what's it about?We are looking for a dynamic individual to support our Account and Project Development team in managing bid processes.
Bid management plays an important role in writing and underpinning the quality and consistency of the Catapult’s client facing documents. You will be expected to work across multiple teams of relationship developers, account and project developers and subject matter experts. You will work closely with Catapult colleagues to ensure they are mobilised and supported when developing written bids and proposals.
The role holder will be expected to cover a full range of work and take the lead to ensure that bid deadlines are established and met. Bid writing will also be a large proportion of the role, so attention to detail and exceptional writing skills are, therefore, a must.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure the smooth management of the entire bid process, working closely with Catapult colleagues to ensure clear integration with other internal processes and systems;
- Support the wider account and project development team in developing project proposals and plans to ensure the timely creation of high quality compelling proposals and bids;
- Engage with other Catapult colleagues as appropriate to ensure all relevant and required documentation is gathered in order to successfully submit bids and proposals;
- Write bespoke client facing proposals and bids, translating opportunity briefs and draft project plans into fully developed propositions, while seeking for input from relevant colleagues and ensuring everyone is aware of the level of contribution expected of them and deadlines;
- Manage the quality of commercial and international CR&D proposals and bids leaving the Catapult;
- Create and manage reports regarding the sales pipeline in order to understand the flows of work and timeframes;
- Identify relevant tendering opportunities, and work with wider Account Management team to assess potential and priorities;
- Work closely with the communications and marketing teams to ensure Catapult branding and style is adopted in all client/funder facing documents;
- Manage, where required, external bid authors.
What will be the first year outcomes?Outcomes are what you need to accomplish in your role. Always useful to know these before you start. These are not all the outcomes you will be expected to achieve, but some of the primary ones:
- Within 1 month, support account managers develop bid plans for forthcoming opportunities;
- Within 3 months create at least 5 bespoke proposals and bids for clients and funders.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- At least 5 years’ experience writing bids and proposals, ideally for commercial clients and/or competitive funding streams;
- Ability to work across complex team structures and build successful relationships with colleagues;
- Faultless written and verbal communication skills and excellent written English;
- Excellent understanding and appreciation of written documents in a sales/commercial environment;
- Experience developing and implementing processes, reports and briefs for senior staff and colleagues;
- Driven, resilient and organised;
- Capacity to manage several complex and detailed bids at different stages, simultaneously and under pressure;
- Able to understand and communicate complex expressions and visions key stakeholders, clients and supporters, through the written word;
- Line management experience;
- Competent using Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- A good working knowledge of the urban innovation ecosystem and how technology fits in;
- Experience of working in a commercial sales team.
- Experience in engineering or a city related consultancy