- £30,000 - £40,000 annual salary
- Central London
- Full time
- 25 day’s annual leave
So what's it about?We are looking for an individual to play a crucial role in the bid management team, a team which supports the sales and account management teams. The primary focus for the role holder will be to prepare and deliver bespoke bids and client/funder facing documents in line with Future Cities Catapult’s projects.
You will be expected to work across a number of teams and on multiple bids, so time management and strong organisation skills will be important. The role holder will be expected to cover a full range of work, from proof reading documents, to taking complex project information and adapting this into a concise, yet informative bid. Attention to detail and exceptional writing skills, therefore, are a must for this role.
What will you be doing?These will be your main responsibilities:
- Write and design bespoke bids, proposals and material for external clients and funders.
- Review/rewrite bid inputs and coordinate with account managers, project developers and project managers to ensure accuracy.
- Edit proposals and related documents for completeness and compliance with editorial standards and bid formatting / composition.
- Liaise with colleagues across the Catapult to gather information and project details for use in bids and proposals.
- Maintain quality results by using defined templates, following bid writing standards including readability, consistency and tone.
- Maintain a system to gather and review key learnings from the bid submission process.
- Ensure that all client and funder facing material is current, reflecting any changes determined by senior staff.
- Develop and maintain a consistent brand image in all literature, ensuring brand guidelines are met.
- Maintain a bid database/library to ensure bids are stored in order that colleagues have access to the most up-to-date accurate information regarding projects.
- Work closely with the Bid Manager to implement a bid process across the Catapult and ensure that colleagues have the relevant information required to adhere to the process.
What will be the first year outcomes?Outcomes are what you need to accomplish in your role. These are useful to know these before you start. These are not all the outcomes you will be expected to achieve, but some of the primary ones:
- Within 3 months, set up and maintain system to gather and analyse key learnings from past bid submissions.
- Within 6 months, create a library of past and current bids and proposals.
- Within 1 year, work with account managers to write and develop at least 10 bespoke bids for clients and funders.
What kind of person are we looking for?Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of producing informative and persuasive written proposals, bids and reports.
- The ability to source, gather and interpret complex project information for use in written bids.
- High standard of personal and work presentation.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent grasp of written English.
- A demonstrable understanding of different approaches to design in presenting information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: diplomacy, discretion, tact, persuasiveness, the confidence to deal with a wide range of audiences including those at a very senior level.
- Tenacious and perseverant.
- Proactive, organised and able to work under minimal supervision.
- The ability to think laterally or creatively to convey the required information
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Careful and methodical, yet able to work to tight deadlines often on multiple projects.
- Fluency in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- A good working knowledge of the urban innovation ecosystem and how technology fits in.
- Experience of working in / with a commercial sales team.