- £25,000 - £35,000 DOE
- Central London
- Full time
- 25 day’s annual leave , plus statutory holidays
- This is a permanent contract:. The notice period is 1 months in writing on each side. There is a probationary period of 3 months.
- Working Hours: Full time. The pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs and generally work will be carried out during normal office hours. We’re a flexible employer
So what's it about?We’re looking for an enthusiastic CR&D UK/EU funding Administrator to support our team.
The CR&D UK/EU funding Administrator will play a crucial role in the CR&D UK/EU team - a team which supports the cross cutting the Business Development and the Operations.
You will be supporting the Business Development and Operation Teams in developing, monitoring and securing Collaborative Research and Development (CR&D) and other funding opportunities. You will also support a clear and smooth transition from bid identification to project delivery.
What will you be doing?These will be your main responsibilities:
- Identify, update and communicate a pipeline of funding opportunities from UK and EU, and work with the UK/EU CR&D team to prioritise our response to them.
- Attend funding opportunities briefings/webinars and provide analysis and recommendations to the UK/EU CR&D team.
- Establish project methodologies and support the wider Future Cities Catapult team’s engagement in CR&D funding opportunities, by developing bidding templates and processes, and a ‘bidding toolkit’.
- Support the Catapult in the administration of project development opportunities (UK and European CR&D) and consortia-building.
- Organise and follow up on the key actions from multi-partner bid meetings.
- Capture learning from each bid development process, update in shared learning document, and provide regular analysis of this work for the team.
- Be the liaison between the Business Development, Operation and the Finance teams with regards to the administrative and finance actions needed for successful bids and internal processes.
- Use our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system Salesforce to record and maintain contacts and opportunity details, and record submitted bid documents.
- Support the Business Development team on ad-hoc activities as required.
What will be the first year outcomes?Outcomes are what you need to accomplish in your role. We think it is always useful to know these before you start. These are not all the outcomes you will be expected to achieve, but are some of the primary ones:
- Win/loss insights and learning captured for all bid activity by month 1.
- Salesforce used for all contact management and final CR&D UK/EU library by month 2.
- Effective reporting on all funding activity, potential and live, by month 3.
- Processes in place for successfully administrating a bid from start to finish in place by month 3.
- Proposals content and templates, and ‘bidding toolkit’ developed and in use by month 6.
What kind of person are we looking for?Essential skills and experience:
- Proven ability to support the administration of funding (including EU proposals but experience in other proposal application processes also welcome).
- A track record of supporting the administrative procedures in relevant successful bid submissions and project support.
- Experience in supporting narrative and financial project reporting requirements and deliverables.
- Proven ability to support the administration of building international and multi-stakeholder consortia and ensure their engagement in complex bid submissions.
- Experience with databases or CRM systems to support business development
- Internal tracking processes and reporting on this to funders as well as supporting in managing contacts and relationships.
- Proficient in the use of MS software particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and organised working style.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to create bridges between internal departments.
- Ability to effectively communicate and articulate, both verbally and in writing, in English and, desirably, one other major European language
- Ability to excel in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organisational setting
Want to apply?Send your CV with covering letter via our application portal. In your cover letter tell us why you’re right for the job.