- £18,000 annual salary (pro-rata for the duration of the internship)
- Central London
- Full time
- 25 day’s annual leave (pro-rata 8 days)
So what's it about?We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about designing great user experiences, interfaces and interactions, particularly around urban challenges. Someone who is interested in 3D, IoT and creating prototypes to address city challenges and data management. You will be involved in identifying and defining insights, and are comfortable working fast and making things tangible in an innovation environment, prototyping quickly for feedback and iteration.
What will you be doing?Working closely with a software developer you will be designing a system to explore and demonstrate the value of real time sensor data and building information. You will be using real time sensor data and building systems data to create an application that can be used by building management and building users to understand their environment better. You will be designing for web and augmented reality platforms, using the Urban Innovation Centre as a test bed. You will have access to our maker space, hardware prototyping and AR technologies.
You will be exploring the potential to create a building operating system that could be scaled to coordinated management of larger areas of a city. This will involve you:
- Identifying potential users and their needs.
- Conducting user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Collaborating with a developer to define and implement innovative solutions for real time building information management systems
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to deployment.
- Conceptualising original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows to communicate interaction and design ideas effectively.
- Documenting your progress
- The expected outputs could be in the form of a web application, AR platform or physical interfaces and visualisations
What will be the first year outcomes?The main goal of your internship is to create an interactive interface displaying and using building data that demonstrates the value of a real time building management system to different users.
What kind of person are we looking for?You are well versed in the tenants of great graphic, information visualisation and interaction design, and don’t just wait for direction. You will have strong design and 3D skills.
- A portfolio of own-designed web applications, web sites, augmented or virtual reality applications
- Experience and examples visualizing and helping to communicate complex concepts, flows, data, information, etc.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wireframe tools
- Problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Experience of idea generation and user research
- Understanding of current urban challenges around urban planning, healthy cities or mobility
- Experience of preparing and hosting idea generation workshops
- Unity development
- Experience designing AR/VR applications
- 3D modelling and animation with cinema 4D
Want to apply?Send your CV with covering letter via our application portal. In your cover letter tell us why you’re right for the job.