- £18,000 annual salary (pro-rata for the duration of the internship)
- 3 Months
- Central London
- Full time
- 25 day’s annual leave (pro-rata 8 days)
- Download the full job description (pdf format) here.
So what's it about?You will be supporting our Tombolo project. We are currently building a new product designed to help cities answer complex problems through data analysis and insights. The product is tailored to the software development and data science community. The project is about to move into its third and final year and our focus is now switching to how we communicate and market the product; build strong relationships with individuals, partners and organisations that will use the end product; and build a strong community that will sustain the product after it is launched in 2018.
What will you be doing?Main Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out desk-based research to help the team understand the existing market for data analysis tools
- Working with the team to identify and target individuals, partnerships and organisations who will use our Digital Connector product
- Publicising the Tombolo Digital Connector project by planning, designing and delivering communications and events
- Writing content and supporting the team in drafting blogs for our website
- Helping us to increase our social media presence
- Growing our list of stakeholders and partners
What will be the first year outcomes?Don't just take it from us, why not read about Bin's story and hear about his experience here.
What kind of person are we looking for?Essential requirements:
- Current or completed University degree
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Interest in start-ups and setting up a business from scratch
- Interest in how data analysis and insights can be applied to improve City problems
- Interest or skills in design and technology
- Background degree in Business
- Knowledge of Marketing, Events and Planning
- Visual Design skills (Adobe, PowerPoint, etc.) would be a bonus
Want to apply?Send your CV with covering letter via our application portal. In your cover letter tell us why you’re right for the job.
In need of a little more information? Take a look at the JD here.
Or why not have a read through our testimonial from Bin, who was on our internship programme last summer and is now an employee here at the Catapult. You can read about Bin's story here.