- £18,000 annual salary (pro-rata for the duration of the internship)
- 3 Months
- Central London
- Full time
- 25 day’s annual leave (pro-rata 8 days)
So what's it about?Future Cities Catapult has launched Future of Planning, a programme exploring how digital innovation, urban data, and user-centred design can improve the UK planning system. Future of Planning aims to de-risk and prove the demand for the data-driven and digitally-enabled products and services required to create a planning system fit for the 21st century.
As part of this programme we’ve already done a lot of great things. We’ve researched the State of the Art innovations in planning from around the world to understand the leading-edge technologies transforming the planning sector today. We’ve conducted in-depth user research to understand the most common challenges faced by those involved in the planning system as well as the opportunity areas for innovation. We also launched the Prototyping the Future of Planning Open Call to identify and support those with good ideas for tweaking and transforming the system.
We are now looking for interns to support us continuing to grow a successful programme of work at the Catapult and help us take Future of Planning to the next level.
What will you be doing?Main Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for:
- Researching current state of the art and current practice in data-driven and digitally enabled planning
- Publicising Future of Planning programme through designing events, drafting blogs and working with communications team to get pieces placed
- Working with SMEs/Start-ups and local authorities to broker relationships around shared project ideas/opportunities
- Working across the catapult to develop new CR&D and commercial funding project ideas
What will be the first year outcomes?Don't just take it from us, why not read about Bin's story and hear about his experience here.
What kind of person are we looking for?Essential requirements:
- Current or completed University degree
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong knowledge of the planning system, ideally with experience from both academia and a practical setting
- Interest in data, design and technology
- Knowledge of Marketing, Events and Planning
- Visual Design skills (Adobe, PowerPoint, etc.)
Want to apply?Send your CV with covering letter via our application portal. In your cover letter tell us why you’re right for the job.
In need of a little more information? Take a look at the JD here.
Or why not have a read through our testimonial from Bin, who was on our internship programme last summer and is now an employee here at the Catapult. You can read about Bin's story here.